Birth & Death Records


WIC (Women, Infants and Children) Program

Ohio WIC Locations

The Portage County Health District is the administrator for the Portage County WIC office and Columbiana County WIC office.

Portage County WIC Office

Columbiana County WIC Office

How to Qualify

Are you eligible for WIC? To qualify for WIC, you must be:

  • Pregnant, breastfeeding or have a baby less than six months old
  • Caregiver of an infant or child up to five years of age
  • Live in Ohio
  • Meet WIC income guidelines

This WIC prescreening TOOL will help you.

How to Apply

To apply for WIC, please call our clinic to schedule an appointment. You will need to bring the following:

  • Proof of household income
  • ID for all family members applying
  • Proof of address
  • If pregnant, proof of pregnancy with due date

 Need someone else to bring your child to WIC? Complete this WIC Authorized Representative Letter and sign the Welcome To WIC letter:

Authorized Foods

Ohio WIC Authorized Foods List

Ohio WIC Infant Authorized Food List

WICShopper App

WICShopper is a mobile app that lets you check your balance, scan products to verify that they are WIC-authorized, view Authorized Foods List, get recipe ideas, and more!

Shopping for WIC Benefits

In this how-to video, you’ll find details about utilizing the WIC Nutrition card and selecting WIC-approved items while you shop. We think it will make shopping much easier!

Nutrition Information

Complete your nutrition education from home:

Breastfeeding Support

Equal Access Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. email: