Birth & Death Records

Portage County’s Certified Plumbing Inspector (CPI) ensures the safety of plumbing systems in new and remodeled commercial and residential structures.

Plumbing Program provides registration of all plumbing contractors and their employees, and inspections of all commercial and residential plumbing installations. Staff also conducts plan reviews and inspections. Our department provides service to the following townships: Atwater, Brimfield, Charlestown, Deerfield, Edinburg, Franklin, Garrettsville, Hiram, Mantua, Nelson, Palmyra, Paris, Randolph, Ravenna, Rootstown, Shalersville, and Suffield.

2023-2024 Portage County Health District Registered Plumbing Contractors

Plumbing information and inspections in Aurora, Kent City and Ravenna City, Streetsboro can be made by contacting:

Aurora Building Department

Walker Building
129 W Pioneer Trail
Aurora, Oh 44202
Phone: 330-562-9564
Fax: 330-562-9719

Ravenna City

Building Department
530 North Freedom Street
Ravenna, Ohio 44266
(330) 296-5607

Kent City Building Department

Building Department
930 Overholt Road
PO Box 5192        
Kent, Ohio 44240
Phone: (330) 678-8107
Fax: (330) 678-8030

City of Streetsboro

Building Department
9184 State Route 43
Streetsboro, Ohio 44241
Phone: (330) 626-4942 ext. 4132

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I, as the property owner, purchase a plumbing permit?

  • Residential – Yes, with a notarized homeowner affidavit
  • Commercial – No. A Registered Plumbing Contractor must purchase a commercial plumbing permit.

How do I submit my plumbing documents and payment?

  • Email plumbing documents to Julie and Maria at
  • Payments can be made in person via cash, credit, or check. You can also call Julie or Maria at 330-296-9919 ext. 108 or 130, or by selecting the “finance” option when prompted to pay by credit card over the phone. *Please call after you have received a notice of receipt from an account clerk.
  • Documents can also be submitted with payment by mail to 999 East Main St. Ravenna, OH 44266.

Can I make an appointment to meet the inspector?

Yes! Call the Certified Plumbing Inspector for consultation or to schedule an appointment.


Code Effective: 2017