Narcan Rescue Kits Available By Mail
The Portage County Health District is proud to provide you with Narcan Kits and training. Complete the form below to receive your kit by mail.
What is Project DAWN?
Project DAWN is a community-based drug overdose education and Naloxone (Narcan) distribution and education program. The program is offered to individuals who are in active addiction or recovery. Additionally, the Project DAWN program is offered to individuals who live and/or work with individuals in active addiction or recovery.
The Portage County Health District is proud to present the Project DAWN program to individuals (one-on-one), small groups (workplace), and large groups (conferences/large trainings). All Project DAWN classes are available by appointment only.
Participants will be trained to:
- See the signs and symptoms of an overdose
- Know the different types of overdoses
- Do chest compressions
- Call emergency medical services
- Give the intranasal Naloxone medication
Participants of the Project DAWN class will be given a Project DAWN kit which contains:
- 2 needleless syringes containing Naloxone (Narcan)
- 1 face shield for rescue breathing
- Portage County referral information